If you decide to attend a massage conference, doing the following will make the experience of attending worth your while.
After the Conference:
1. It’s always ideal if you can plan a day off after the conference to “decompress”, but at the very least do schedule some time for yourself as soon as possible after you get home.
2. Review your notes, and choose 12 things you learned that you want to implement in the next 12 months.
3. Prioritize them in order of importance.
4. Get together with your conference buddy and tell them what you are committing to and how you are going to accomplish that. Their job is to help you be accountable (and you do the same for them).
5. Schedule the time you will need in your planner to accomplish your goals. For example, if you are going to master a new technique you learned, when are you going to practice it and with whom? If you are going to implement a new marketing strategy, when are you going to take the necessary action steps?
6. And don’t forget to follow up with all of the folks whose business cards you collected. A nice way is a simple postcard saying how much you enjoyed meeting them.
If you follow these simple suggestions before, during and after a conference, you will maximize your investment, and take your business to the next level, in addition to having a great time!