I “met” her when I recently interviewed her for an upcoming AMTA-WA convention, where we will both be speakers.
What primarily intrigued me about her work is that I saw it as an excellent way to achieve longevity in a profession that traditionally puts quite a bit of stress on the hands and wrists.
Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy has been quoted as “The most luxurious deep tissue massage on the planet”. And what makes this type of deep tissue massage different from most – is that you do it with your feet.
Dari is one of only 10 trainers of this style of bodywork.
In today’s interview we discussed:
- What makes this technique different from other barefoot techniques.
- The types of therapists this work might be best suited for.
- Why you use your feet? What’s wrong with hands?
- What exercises would help you prepare to be a practitioner of this technique.
- The role of overhead bars in Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy.
- Ways to diversify your practice and market your massage business.
So if you are interested in learning about a technique that may extend the life of your career (by using your hands less) as well as making you stand out from the other massage therapists in your area, go here to listen.