Attending a massage conference (or other type of educational conference) is a big commitment of time, energy and money and yet it can be extremely rewarding.
Massage conferences can be a fantastic place to get fresh ideas for your massage business, meet therapists from other areas, and get renewed and re-energized.
Here are some things that you can do before, during and after a conference to maximize your investment and make sure you get the most out of it.
Before the Conference:
1. Make a list of the things you want to accomplish in the next year. For example, you could decide to increase your massage income by 25% by getting and keeping more clients. Then go through the list of available workshops, with your specific goals for the upcoming year in mind, and choose the ones that best fit your needs.
2. Create a list of questions or specific things you want to learn from each speaker.
3. Find a buddy to attend the conference with. In addition to keeping you accountable (more on that later), they may also help you save on travel costs.
4. Decide ahead of time what your budget will be so you can take advantage of the vendors’ conference specials without breaking the bank.
5. Make sure you have a good supply of business cards that clearly state the type of massage you do and your target market if you have one.
Next post I’ll give you some ideas on things to do at the conference.